Business Speaks is a program of Truckee Tomorrow, a collaborative economic development initiative led by the Truckee Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Town of Truckee and public/private partners dedicated to the well-being and vibrancy of Truckee. Join the individuals and organizations creating and embracing change that will benefit the community for generations to come.
Mark your calendars for September 25, 26, & 27 Business Speaks meetings!
All businesses and their key employees are invited (Brick and mortar, home-based, non-profits, special districts, individuals) to attend a meeting in the Base Camp business area where their business is physically located, however, attendance at any meeting that is convenient is also welcome.
June 19, 20 & 21 Meetings
- June Business Speaks meetings brought together over 100 businesses who shared ideas and gave input on two important topics. Businesses discussed the
Employee Coop ( Truckee Connects) project and collaborated on first project deliverables designed to help employers find workers to fill jobs.
- Businesses saw new infrastructure projects such as new roads, sidewalks, roundabouts, and trails, and learned about Truckee's infrastructure and service providers. Businesses had the opportunity to weigh in on the projects by providing input and ideas.
April 24, 25 & 26 Meetings
- Growing Our Own - Build on current internships happening, identify skill sets of employees and marry results with the implementation of vocational opportunities, and more.
- Develop Truckee as an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem - Encourage tech start-ups, establish incentives for independent entrepreneurs, locals and more.
- Additionally, attendees learned about the great work being done by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District and from Sierra College on current internship programs, and were briefed on Mountain Housing Council progress.
January 23, 24 & 25 Meetings
- 263 Business people engaged in conversation to identify challenges and solutions to employee retention & recruitment, with the overarching goal of ensuring Truckee maintains and grows a vibrant middle-class. Learn more here.
Got Questions? Contact Us Here
- JUST 90 MINUTES — Meetings last just 90 minutes and will be professionally facilitated with a format designed to allow businesses to speak candidly, while fostering conversation that can lead to creative solutions. Meetings will be held quarterly throughout 2018.
- ALL BUSINESSES WELCOME – storefronts, brick & mortar, home-based, non-profits, special districts … all invited! Meetings are FREE.
- NETWORK with your business neighbors.
- FIND YOUR MEETING — Meetings will be held in “Base Camp” geographic areas in Truckee, view map. Businesses should attend the meeting in which their business is located. However, if you can’t attend that meeting, you are welcome to attend any of the meetings. REGISTER TODAY.
About Business Speaks:
All business owners, including home-based businesses, are invited to attend a meeting in the Base Camp business area where their business is physically located, however, attendance at any meeting that is convenient is also welcome. All meetings are inclusive, you don’t need to be a Chamber member to attend. Meetings will last just 90 minutes and will be professionally facilitated with a format designed to allow businesses to speak candidly, while fostering conversation that can lead to creative solutions. Meetings will be held quarterly throughout 2018. Learn more about why you should attend with the Business Speaks! FAQ.
News & Updates
Quality of Life Survey
Quality of Life Survey - Decreasing loyalty trends cause flight to competing towns and cities, in addition to painting a negative reputation with prospective residents and business owners. We will measure and track community sentiment about living in Truckee providing invaluable information to assist in understanding trends in our community’s feelings about the quality of life in Truckee. Are you interested in joining the team to help put Truckee Tomorrow ideas and plans into action? Join us now to become an investor.
Socio-Economic Indicators - Thanks to Truckee Tomorrow Phase II investors, in Summer of 2018 Truckee Chamber published a central repository for key socio-economic indicators. VIEW THE DASHBOARD.
These indicators are the first ever tracked baseline for Truckee, and are an outcome of feedback from the Quality of Life surveys, Business Speaks and Investor input.
Working collaboratively with districts, agencies, nonprofits, the private sector, and research groups, we identified, measured, and recorded key socioeconomic indicators - the source, methodology, frequency and other impacting conditions.
The DASHBOARD is valuable to business owners, the public sector as whole, and business investors who are considering Truckee to start a business and raise their family.
Truckee Tomorrow is an economic development initiative led by the Truckee Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Town of Truckee and public/private partners dedicated to the well-being and vibrancy of Truckee. Join the individuals and organizations that are creating and embracing change that will benefit our community for generations to come.
Originating in 2010 on the heels of the recession, Truckee Tomorrow facilitated four facilitated community meetings to begin the dialogue of working together as a region to identify economic opportunities, challenges, and projects.
In 2013, the group of civic and community leaders were brought together to discuss economic development strategies to pursue. The group consensus was to pursue the creation of a Truckee brand and implementation of a place-based marketing effort that would create a centralized website providing live, work and play information.
Upon securing funding, the Truckee Brand Identity project began along with the creation of the new Truckee.com website focusing on economic, community, and visitation. This Truckee Tomorrow Phase I project was launched in 2015 and completed in 2016.
Truckee Tomorrow Phase II is now poised to begin. With the Brand as the platform, this next phase will focus on “The Trilogy of Economic Development Initiatives” including Business Speaks, Quality of Life, and Socio-Economic Indicators.
The Truckee Chamber of Commerce has been a community pillar for over 100 years. The community has depended on the Chamber to be a catalyst for change, convener for business, and champion for a stronger business community. The health of our business community and the health of the larger community in which it lives are inextricable. Providing what business needs to succeed is central to the success of the community as a whole.
The Truckee Chamber will be seeking partners that want to create and embrace change that will benefit the community for years to come. For more information, contact Lynn Saunders, President/CEO at 530-587-8808 or e-mail Lynn@Truckee.com. Join us now and BECOME AN INVESTOR.