Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit will begin spring operations April 8 with continued free night service operating until 10 p.m., free-to-the-rider bus service on the Truckee Local route and Truckee Dial-a-Ride service operating seven days a week.
TART spring routes will be as follows:
- TART’s free night service will operate its standard schedule until 10 p.m. TART’s free night service provides connections between Crystal Bay and Squaw Valley, Tahoe City and Tahoma, and Crystal Bay and Northstar. For routes and pick-up times, please visit tahoetruckeetransit.com.
- The TART mainline route connecting Incline Village, Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay, and Tahoe City will operate every 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- The TART mainline West Shore route will offer hourly connections between Tahoe City and the West Shore between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Highway 267 route connecting Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Northstar and Truckee will operate hourly between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The TART Highway 89 route connecting Tahoe City, Squaw Valley and Truckee will operate hourly between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Truckee local route is now free to the rider and provides operations throughout Truckee including Donner Lake, Crossroads, Gateway, downtown Truckee and Henness Flats. Service will be provided Monday – Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Truckee’s Dial-a-Ride is now operating seven days a week and offers the most economical door-to-door transit opportunity in the region. This service is available within Truckee to seniors, persons with disabilities and the general public. ADA certified passengers ride free.
- TART’S Truckee local route is now on the NextBus App! You can now get real time arrival information for both Truckee local and regional TART routes.
In addition to TART’s spring routes, the following services are also provided within the Truckee-North Tahoe region:
- The North Lake Tahoe Express airport shuttle with daily connections to TART offers daily service between the Reno Airport and Truckee/North Lake Tahoe. For additional information or to make a reservation visit northlaketahoeexpress.com
Connections between TART routes can be made daily at Crystal Bay, the Tahoe City Transit Center and the Truckee Train Depot. Regional bus passes may be purchased at the Tahoe City Transit Center or on board using exact change.
TART’s summer services begin June 27 and will include the free night service until 2 a.m. on the North and West Shores.
TART has a new mobile-friendly website! For schedules and additional information, please visit our new website at: www.TahoeTruckeeTransit.com or call 530-550-1212.