January is National Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. In the spirit of spreading the love of sliding, upright, on snow to new skiers and boarders, many Lake Tahoe resorts are offering great deals on lessons, ticket, and equipment packages during the month of January.
JANUARY’S $59 FIRST-TIMER PACKAGE
Slide on two planks or learn to stand sideways on a snowboard. Our trained team is ready this January to introduce first-timers to the joys of skiing and riding with a $59 lesson package offered on Friday only. Tackle the basics of balance and maneuvers like sliding, speed control and stopping.
- Friday, Jan 10
- Friday, Jan 17
- Friday, Jan 24
- Friday, Jan 31
- Lift ticket
- 2-hour group lesson
- Rental equipment, helmet not included. All Snowsports School participants under 18 years of age are required to wear a helmet while in a lesson. Helmets are available to rent for $10.
Homewood Ski Resort
Last year, Homewood Ski Resort received a national ski industry award for the best place to learn to ski or ride. And the Very Best Day to Learn How to Ski or Ride is January 20, 2020. Those taking a lesson will enjoy ski lesson specials, free hot chocolate, s’mores, live music at the base of the resort, giveaways and more.
RECEIVE A SEASON PASS WHEN YOU COMPLETE OUR EASY AS 1-2-3 LESSON PROGRAM
Learning how to Ski or Ride is as Easy as 1-2-3 when you sign up for our newest program. Skiers and boarders aged 13+ can pre-purchase a 3 Pack of Ski / Snowboard Lesson and be automatically enrolled in the Easy as 1-2-3 program to get rewarded with a Season Pass upon the completion of the program.
- Book three consecutive days of Child Ski Group or Ultimate 4 lessons, and we guarantee your child will be skiing safely and competently or the fourth lesson is free of charge.
- By the end of Day 3:
- Ages 7-12 will be skiing in control on green runs on the mountain.
- Ages 5-6 will be skiing in control off of our Big Easy Chairlift.
- If your child doesn’t achieve these goals by the end of day three, their fourth lesson is on us!
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Make Progress with the Perfect Progression Program
- First-time skiers and riders now have access to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Perfect Progression Program, the newest and most comprehensive adult Learn to Ski & Ride program offered through the resort’s Ski & Snowboard School. The Perfect Progression Program is a comprehensive path for teens and adults to make a one-season transition from first-timer to intermediate skier or snowboarder. The program ensures that participants have the skills and confidence to make skiing and riding a lifelong passion. Participants receive three half-day beginner ski or snowboard lessons, lift tickets, rentals, and three lunch vouchers (each with an $18 value) for use at Alpine Meadows; a one-time 30% discount at Estelle Sports; and an accessories package of goggles and gloves. After completing the three lessons, the program rewards participants hard work with tools to continue developing their skills: 50% off group lessons, season-long rentals, and a Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows 2019-20 season pass available exclusively for participants of this program. The Perfect Progression Program is a limited quantity product and is available online for $499 per person.
- For adults and teens, the Learn to Ski/Ride at Alpine Meadows lesson package offers beginners the ability to learn the basics in a safe, comfortable environment from expert instructors at the Alpine Meadows Ski and Snowboard School. The 2.25-hour lesson focuses on teaching the crucial skills of turning, stopping and riding lifts. The package includes the lesson, rental equipment and a restricted beginner lift ticket for the day, all for just $119 if purchased in advance, and $129 if purchased that day. If morning lesson participants want to continue to develop their newly acquired skills, they can opt for the Learn to Ski/Ride Upgrade, which gets them the afternoon group lesson session for just $69.
Discounted Lessons for Downhill or Cross Country
- During January 6-9 and 13-16, the team at Tahoe Donner will offer discounted learn to ski or snowboard packages, just $39, as part of “National Learn to Ski Month.” These packages are only for first timers, which include an all-day lift ticket, rental equipment, and a 1.75-hour group lesson for ages 7 and up.
- Additionally, Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Center will offer two-for-one lessons during select dates in January: 6-10, 13-17, 20-24, and 27-31.