The March 2019 Business Speaks meetings convened local Truckee businesses for input and ideas about the Employer Co-Op that’s designed to help businesses find employees and fill jobs. The Truckee Chamber of Commerce team provided important information and functionality about the Employer Co-Op digital marketplace asking questions for businesses to answer for input.
September 25, 26 & 27 Meetings
During the September Business Speaks meetings 100 business owners, managers, non-profits, and local government districts learned the latest developments on three important projects and provided input and shared ideas.
1. Employer Co-op
2. Growing Our Own
3. Develop Truckee as an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
REGISTER NOW for the final round of Business Speaks meetings September 25, 26, & 27 this year! Hear about three projects that are being developed based on what you told us. Weigh-in on all the hard work that the project teams have conducted this summer. The projects teams need your input. You talked, we listened! Your continued involvement and input is vital to the success of these projects to help your business.
June 19, 20 & 21 Meetings
- June Business Speaks meetings brought together over 100 businesses who shared ideas and gave input on two important topics. Businesses discussed the
Employee Coop ( Truckee Connects) project and collaborated on first project deliverables designed to help employers find workers to fill jobs.
- Businesses saw new infrastructure projects such as new roads,
101.5 Truckee-Tahoe Radio Business Speaks! Community Spotlight
Do you run a Truckee business? Can’t find workers?
Listen to 101.5 Truckee-Tahoe Radio’s Community Spotlight interview on Business Speaks with Truckee Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Lynn Saunders and Board Chair Pam Hobday to learn about solutions for your business.
In this interview, you will hear about the Employee Coop (Truckee Connects) Project designed to help employers find workers and fill jobs.
Register now for round-3 of FREE BUSINESS SPEAKS meetings June 19, 20 & 21! In June Truckee business owners will come together again to discuss how to address business issues facing Truckee as a whole, an issue specific to a geographic area, and discuss important projects to help give important input for the Town of Truckee general plan.
The main project of focus of discussion in June will be Connect Truckee: Work Match,
April 24, 25 & 26 Meetings
- Growing Our Own – Build on current internships happening, identify skill sets of employees and marry results with the implementation of vocational opportunities, and more.
- Develop Truckee as an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – Encourage tech start-ups, establish incentives for independent entrepreneurs, locals and more.
It’s time for another round of BUSINESS SPEAKS meetings! Truckee business owners will come together again to discuss how to address business issues facing Truckee as a whole, or an issue specific to a geographic area.
Don’t Miss Out! Join your business neighbors and friends for the April meetings!
APRIL 24, 25 or 26, 2018
FIND YOUR MEETING LOCATION,
January 23, 24 & 25 Meetings
- 263 Business people engaged in conversation to identify challenges and solutions to employee retention & recruitment, with the overarching goal of ensuring Truckee maintains and grows a vibrant middle-class. Learn more here.