On January 23, 2018, the Truckee Chamber of Commerce launched Business Speaks! — a game-changing program for communication between business owners in Truckee. Eleven “Base Camp” geographic areas within Truckee became hubs for business owners to get together and discuss how they can address issues facing Truckee as a whole, or an issue specific to their geographic area. View Base Camp Map.
16.5 Hours of discussions
263 Business people engaged in conversation to identify challenges and solutions to employee retention & recruitment, with the overarching goal of ensuring Truckee maintains and grows a vibrant middle-class.
- The Truckee Tomorrow – Phase II team has reviewed all the notes from the 11 meetings and found common themes and potential priority projects for investor consideration.
- We will meet with our Public Partner the Town of Truckee to review our findings.
- February 15th Truckee Tomorrow – Phase II Public/Private investors will meet. They will hear the findings and identify priority projects to move forward.
- April 24 – 26 will be the next series of Business Speaks meetings. Dates, times, meeting locations will be announced soon.
Information You Need:
- View JAN. 23, 24, 25 BUSINESS SPEAKS MEETING NOTES
- Visit Mountain Housing Council of Tahoe Truckee for more information.
Become An Investor:
- Want to be more involved in helping to make decisions on what projects to move forward? To learn more about being an investor, contact Lynn Saunders, President/CEO at 587-8808 or e-mail Lynn@Truckee.com. Next investor meeting is February 15th – become an investor before then and attend that meeting!
What You Can Do Right Now:
- Business Speaks
- Quality of Life Surveys – Join Truckee’s FlashVote community at FlashVote.com/Truckee.
- Socio-Economic Indicators
About Business Speaks!
Business Speaks the creation of business communication areas to help deepen our communication with the entire Truckee business community. Through this grassroots process, the Truckee Chamber of Commerce is inviting business owners to come together for 90 minutes every three months in 2018 in order to identify the greatest challenges facing their local business community and to develop creative solutions as a team.
All business owners, including home-based businesses, are invited to attend a meeting in the Base Camp business area where their business is physically located, however attendance at any meeting that is convenient is also welcome. All meetings are inclusive, you don’t need to be a Chamber member to attend. Meetings will last just 90 minutes and will be professionally facilitated with a format designed to allow businesses to speak candidly, while fostering conversation that can lead to creative solutions. Meetings will be held quarterly throughout 2018. Learn more at www.truckeetomorrow.org.