to make a difference
by providing your input
at the next round of Business Speaks
meetings June 19, 20, and 21! Bring your key employees
and management team
and give input
on the following agenda items. Find your meeting location and register today!
1. RUN A TRUCKEE BUSINESS? CAN'T FIND WORKERS?
- Bring your key staff to give input and ideas on the Employee Coop (Truckee Connects) Project! Collaborate with business peers on first project deliverables designed to help employers find workers to fill jobs. Weigh in on the project name. Join the project team to bring ideas and innovation to action.
2. WEIGH IN on INFRASTRUCTURE Projects
- See Infrastructure Projects
; i.e., Roads
, and Trails
in your area.
- Give input on what you like
, what needs to be changed
, what is missing?
- Learn how these projects may impact your business
over the next 5 years.
- Be catalysts for change. Your opinion matters. Don't miss this opportunity to give feedback.
3. BRING or SEND your KEY EMPLOYEES
- Their opinion is important too!
- Share Ideas. Take Action.
- This is your opportunity to make a difference in your community. Your input and creative ideas are critical to these projects success!
- Meetings are free and only 90-minutes.
4. NETWORK WITH YOUR BUSINESS COLLEAGUES
- Learn. Share ideas. Take action. All businesses welcome: Brick & mortar, home-based, non-profits, special districts, individuals—all invited! *Chamber membership NOT required.
FIND YOUR MEETING
— Meetings will be held in “Base Camp” geographic areas
in Truckee, view map
. Businesses should attend the meeting in which their business is located. However, if you can’t attend that meeting, you are welcome to attend any of the meetings. REGISTER TODAY.
SEE BASE CAMP AREAS
JUST 90 MINUTES — Meetings last just 90 minutes and will be professionally facilitated with a format designed to allow businesses to speak candidly, while fostering conversation that can lead to creative solutions. Meetings will be held quarterly throughout 2018.
ALL BUSINESSES WELCOME – storefronts, brick & mortar, home-based, non-profits, special districts … all invited! Meetings are FREE.
NETWORK with your business neighbors.
About Business Speaks:
All business owners, including home-based businesses, are invited to attend a meeting in the Base Camp business area where their business is physically located, however attendance at any meeting that is convenient is also welcome. All meetings are inclusive, you don’t need to be a Chamber member to attend. Meetings will last just 90 minutes and will be professionally facilitated with a format designed to allow businesses to speak candidly, while fostering conversation that can lead to creative solutions. Meetings will be held quarterly throughout 2018. Learn more about why you should attend with the Business Speaks! FAQ.
April 24, 25 & 26 Business Speaks Meetings
VIEW MEETING NOTES HERE from April meetings.
- Growing Our Own - Build on current internships happening, identify skill sets of employees and marry results with implementation of vocational opportunities, and more.
- Develop Truckee as an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem - Encourage tech start-ups, establish incentives for independent entrepreneurs, locals and more.
- Additionally, attendees learned about the great work being done by the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District and from Sierra College on current internship programs, and were briefed on Mountain Housing Council progress.
January 23, 24 & 25 Business Speaks Meetings
VIEW MEETING NOTES HERE from January meetings.
263 Business people engaged in conversation to identify challenges and solutions to employee retention & recruitment, with the overarching goal of ensuring Truckee maintains and grows a vibrant middle-class. Learn more here.
Quality of Life Survey
- Decreasing loyalty trends cause flight to competing towns and cities, in addition to painting a negative reputation with prospective residents and business owners. We will measure and track community sentiment about living in Truckee providing invaluable information to assist in understanding trends in our community’s feelings about the quality of life in Truckee. Are you interested in joining the team to help put Truckee Tomorrow ideas and plans into action? Join us now to become an investor.
LEARN MORE & SEE SURVEY RESULTS
Socio-Economic Indicators -
There is a lack of a central repository of key socio-economic indicators. Working collaboratively with the Town of Truckee, community, and stakeholders we will identify, measure, and track key socioeconomic indicators that have a direct correlation with Truckee brand loyalty and economic strength. This will be valuable to business owners, public sector, investors who are making decisions, and those marketing their business. Join us and BECOME AN INVESTOR.
Truckee Tomorrow is an economic development initiative led by the Truckee Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the Town of Truckee and public/private partners dedicated to the well-being and vibrancy of Truckee. Join the individuals and organizations that are creating and embracing change that will benefit our community for generations to come.
Originating in 2010 on the heels of the recession, Truckee Tomorrow
facilitated four facilitated community meetings to begin the dialogue of working together as a region to identify economic opportunities, challenges, and projects.
In 2013, the group of civic and community leaders were brought together to discuss economic development strategies to pursue. The group consensus was to pursue the creation of a Truckee brand and implementation of a place-based marketing effort that would create a centralized website providing live, work and play information.
Upon securing funding, the Truckee Brand Identity project began along with the creation of the new Truckee.com website focusing on economic, community, and visitation. This Truckee Tomorrow Phase I project was launched in 2015 and completed in 2016.
Truckee Tomorrow Phase II is now poised to begin. With the Brand as the platform, this next phase will focus on “The Trilogy of Economic Development Initiatives” including Business Speaks, Quality of Life, and Socio-Economic Indicators.
The Truckee Chamber of Commerce has been a community pillar for over 100 years. The community has depended on the Chamber to be a catalyst for change, convener for business, and champion for a stronger business community. The health of our business community and the health of the larger community in which it lives are inextricable. Providing what business needs to succeed is central to the success of the community as a whole.
The Truckee Chamber will be seeking partners that want to create and embrace change that will benefit the community for years to come. For more information, contact Lynn Saunders, President/CEO at 530-587-8808 or e-mail Lynn@Truckee.com. Join us now and BECOME AN INVESTOR.